If you would like to request samples of our hinges then you may contact us if you want the hinges shipped to USA addresses through our contact form. For international addresses, you are welcome to visit our “Samples” page, make your selections, and then provide the shipping at this link.
TorqMaster Stock Friction Hinge Families
TorqMaster offers families of stock friction hinges that have been developed and fine tuned over many years. We have chosen our most popular friction hinges and have assembled them into families based on shaft diameter and housing style. We have found them to be easily integrated into new designs, eliminating the need for expensive tooling and development programs for a majority of projects.
|Hinge Family||Torque Range Single Housing
(inch – pounds)
|Torque Range Double Housing
(inch – pounds)
|SB-188 Series||2,5,7 in.-lb.||4,10,14 in.-lb.|
|SB-200 Series||3 to 20 in.-lb.|
|ZE-188 Series||1 to 4 in.-lb.||2 to 8 in.-lb.|
|ZC-188 Series||4 to 8 in.-lb.||N/A|
|ZC-250 Series||7 to 14 in.-lb.balanced
10 to 17 in.-lb. unbalanced
|ZE-375 Series||15 to 30 in.-lb. balanced
20 to 40 in.-lb. unbalanced
|30 to 60 in.-lb.balanced
40 to 80 in.-lb. unbalanced
|MA-685 Series||Adjustable to 100 in.-lb.|
All TorqMaster friction hinges feature:
- Balanced or Unbalanced Torque – specify the torque & torque direction required.
- Available in right or left hand configurations
- All hinges meet and exceed life testing to 30,000 cycles.
- Corrosion protection available
- Minimal or no springback
- No backlash
- 360 degree shaft rotation – pivot and stay put in any position
- Ability to mix and match housings & shafts / adapters to fit exact requirements
- 100% product testing available – min / max and average torque
- Smooth, consistent feel over hinge lifetime
Features: TorqMaster hinges have no backlash or free play and minimal springback. Friction elements are spring steel. Corrosion protection is available. Please inquire regarding hinge conductivity. All shafts rotate 360 degrees. All hinges feature constant torque over life (30,000-plus cycles typical). TorqMaster hinges are assembled from inventory for fast delivery with no tooling charges.
Applications: Laptop & notebook computers, Flat panel & LCD display mounting & positioning, Medical equipment, Protective covers, Access panels, Office equipment, Control Panels, Cameras, Computer peripherals, anything that has to pivot….and stay put!
Call us: Please fax drawings of your project to our sales department. Our engineers will help you choose the appropriate hinge, torque and torque directions or detent options. Custom Hinges or variations of stock designs are available for higher volume OEM applications, however a semi-custom shaft in a standard housing can often solve many design challenges.
* All TorqMaster hinges are available in balanced (same torque in both directions) or unbalanced (higher torque in one direction with approximately 35% less in other direction) and in left and right hand configurations (mirror image of shaft exiting housing)