You are welcome to contact us and talk with one of our engineers to help you with a solution to your specific needs regarding friction hinges. Click here to get started today.
TorqMaster OEM Stock Friction Hinges
TorqMaster offers families of stock friction hinges that have been developed and fine tuned over many years. We have chosen our most popular friction hinges and have assembled them into families based on shaft diameter and housing style. They can be easily integrated into new designs, eliminating the need for expensive tooling and development programs.
|Hinge Family||Torque Range Single Housing|
(inch – pounds)
|Torque Range Double Housing|
(inch – pounds)
|SB-188 Series||2,5,7 in.-lb.||4,10,14 in.-lb.|
|ZE-188 Series||1 to 4 in.-lb.||2 to 8 in.-lb.|
|ZC-188 Series||4 to 8 in.-lb.||N/A|
|SB-200 Series||3 to 20 in.-lb.||Contact us to inquire|
|ZC-250 Series||7 to 14 in.-lb.balanced|
10 to 17 in.-lb. unbalanced
|ZE-375 Series||15 to 30 in.-lb. balanced|
20 to 40 in.-lb. unbalanced
|30 to 60 in.-lb.balanced|
40 to 80 in.-lb. unbalanced
|MA-685 Series||Adjustable to 100 in.-lb.|
All TorqMaster friction hinges feature:
- Balanced or Unbalanced Torque – specify the torque & torque direction required.
- Available in right or left hand configurations
- All hinges meet and exceed life testing to 30,000 cycles.
- Corrosion protection available
- Minimal or no springback
- No backlash
- 360 degree shaft rotation – pivot and stay put in any position
- Ability to mix and match housings & shafts / adapters to fit exact requirements
- 100% product testing available – min / max and average torque
- Smooth, consistent feel over hinge lifetime
Features: TorqMaster hinges have no backlash or free play and minimal springback. Friction elements are spring steel. Corrosion protection is available. Please inquire regarding hinge conductivity. All shafts rotate 360 degrees. All hinges feature constant torque over life (30,000-plus cycles typical). TorqMaster hinges are assembled from inventory for fast delivery with no tooling charges.
Applications: Laptop & notebook computers, Flat panel & LCD display mounting & positioning, Medical equipment, Protective covers, Access panels, Office equipment, Control Panels, Cameras, Computer peripherals, anything that has to pivot….and stay put!
Call us: Please fax drawings of your project to our sales department. Our engineers will help you choose the appropriate hinge, torque and torque directions or detent options. Custom Hinges or variations of stock designs are available for higher volume OEM applications, however a semi-custom shaft in a standard housing can often solve many design challenges.
* All TorqMaster hinges are available in balanced (same torque in both directions) or unbalanced (higher torque in one direction with approximately 35% less in other direction) and in left and right hand configurations (mirror image of shaft exiting housing)