Standard Friction Hinges
TorqMaster offers families of standard friction hinges that have been developed and fine-tuned over many years. We have chosen our most popular friction hinges and have assembled them into families based on shaft diameter and housing style.
- Easily integrated into new designs
- No need for expensive tooling and development programs.
SB-188 Series Type 2
Features & Benefits of our Standard Friction Hinges
- Smooth, consistent feel over hinge lifetime
- 360-degree shaft rotation – pivot and stay put in any position
- All hinges meet and exceed life testing to 30,000 cycles
- No backlash, Minimal or no spring back
- Available in right- or left-hand configurations with additional corrosion protection available
- Balanced or Unbalanced Torque available on some models – specify the torque & torque direction required
- 100% product testing available – min / max and average torque
- Ability to mix and match housings & shafts / adapters to fit exact requirements
- > View Our Semi-Custom Hinge Capabilities
Features: TorqMaster hinges have no backlash or free play and minimal springback. Friction elements are spring steel. Corrosion protection is available. Please inquire regarding hinge conductivity. All shafts rotate 360 degrees. All hinges feature constant torque over life (30,000-plus cycles typical). TorqMaster hinges are assembled from inventory for fast delivery with no tooling charges.
Applications: Laptop & notebook computers, Flat panel & LCD display mounting & positioning, Medical equipment, Protective covers, Access panels, Office equipment, Control Panels, Cameras, Computer peripherals, anything that has to pivot….and stay put!
Contact us: Please send or fax drawings of your project to our sales department. Our engineers will help you choose the appropriate hinge, torque and torque directions or detent options. Custom Hinges or variations of stock designs are available for higher volume OEM applications, however a semi-custom shaft in a standard housing can often solve many design challenges.
* All TorqMaster hinges are available in balanced (same torque in both directions) or unbalanced (higher torque in one direction with approximately 35% less in other direction) and in left and right hand configurations (mirror image of shaft exiting housing)